STORY WRITTEN BY GARY GRAFF
firstname.lastname@example.org, @GraffonMusic on Twitter
This week’s new and noteworthy music releases include:
• AFI, “AFI (The Blood Album)” (Concord): The 10th studio album from the modern rock quartet was co-produced for the first time by guitarist-keyboardist Jade Puget.
• Bash & Pop, “Anything Could Happen” (Fat Possum): The Replacements’ (and former Guns N’ Roses) Tommy Stinson returns to his interim band 22 years after it originally folded.
• Nathan East, “Reverence” (Yamaha): The all-star bassist’s second solo album features guest appearances by friends (and employers) such as Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, members of Earth, Wind & Fire and more.
• Starset, “Vessels” (Razor & Tie): The second album from the electronic rock project of Dustin Bates.
• Curtis Stigers and the Danish Radio Big Band, “One More For The Road” (Concord Jazz): The singer-songwriter puts on his jazz hat for an homage to Frank Sinatra’s days with the Count Basie Orchestra.
• Various Artists, “2017 Grammy Nominees” (Atlantic): Get ready for this year’s Grammys with a disc featuring nominated songs by Beyonce, Adele, Drake, Justin Bieber and more.
Also Out: As Lions, “Selfish Age” (Better Noise); Austra, “Future Politics” (Domino); Aversions Crown, “Xenocide” (Nuclear Blast); William Basinski, “A Shadow In Time” (Temporary Residence); Bill & Phil, “Sounds Of Darkness And Despair” (Housecore); Foxygen, “Hang” (Jajaguwar); Cherry Glazerr, “Apocalipstick” (Secretly Canadian); Kidz Bop Kids, “Kidz Bop 34” (Kidz Bop); Led Bib, “Umbrella Weather” (RareNoise); MC Free, “Divine Power” (Love Always Wins); Nicky Jam, “Fenix” (Sony Music Latin); Bryan Lanning, “Us” (self-released); Reflections In Cosmo, “Reflections In Cosmo” (RareNoise); Spencer Myer, “William Bolcom: Piano Rags” (Steinway and Sons); Mike Oldfield, “Return To Ommadawn” (Mercury); The Problem, “Chachiville” (Diamond Lane); Thorbjorn Risager & the Black Tornado, “Change My Game” (Ruf); Lawson Rollins, “3 Minutes to Midnight” (Infinita); Rob Scallioin, “The Scene Is Dead” (554972 Records DK); McKenna Sabin, “Pour” (self-released); Various Artists, “She Rocks, Vol. 1” (Favored Nations); Vesta Collide, “New Obsession” (Stay Sick); Wyldlife, “Out On Your Block (Wicked Cool)
From The Vaults: Barry Goldberg, “Street Man,” “Blast from My Pasts” (Classic Music Vault); Grateful Dead, “The Grateful Dead: 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition” (Grateful Dead); Pink Floyd, “The Final Cut,” “A Momentary Lapse of Reason” (Columbia vinyl reissues)