Yangming in Bryn Mawr will yet again be celebrating the Chinese New Year by offering an extravagant banquet dinner and entertainment with “live” dragon and lion dances, according to a press release from the restaurant. In celebration of the Year of the Fire Rooster, a seven course dinner will also be offered to customers from Jan. 26 to Feb. 25.
According to the release, the month long celebration of the Chinese New Year at Yangming is highlighted by a Dragon and Lion Dance on Friday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. The traditional festivity is performed by Chinese dancers who hide under the traditional costumes and dance and drum their way through the restaurant.
Yangming has been hosting the celebration for years, according to the release. “It’s a wonderful cultural experience for the kids, but this year we have added a dancing ‘fire breathing’ dragon to add to the New Year’s excitement,” Yangming wwner Michael Wei said in the release. “This year’s New Year banquet offering goes from Jan. 26 to Feb. 25 and is a real once-a-year treat that always gets a great response, so interested parties should book early.”
The Chinese New Year feast includes the following appetizers and courses:
- Grilled Honey-Facing Heaven Pepper Lamb Chop, Grand Marnier Mayo Jumbo Shrimp with Almond Slices, and Firecracker Truffle-Oiled Shiitake & Vegetable Spring Roll are all the served appetizers.
- The first entrée course is a spectacular Taiwanese “Three Cup” Lobster and Day Boat Scallop, fresh Maine lobster in Taiwanese “three cup” basil sauce, scallop in spicy salt-pepper sauce, with bean thread noodles
- The second entrée course is Pan-Seared Miso-Sesame Striped Bass, with mashed edamame, toasted black sesame seeds. Then celebrants will be served a course of traditional Chu-Hou Roast Duck, low fat duck marinated with Chu-Hou marinade and hoisin, then roasted, with sautéed Asian pear, Chu-Hou and hoisin in duck emulsion.
- Fabulous Filet Mignon Medallions in Black Pepper- XO Sauce with fresh corn, onion, shiitake, sweet pepper, baby bok choy is served next. This course is followed by Pineapple Vegetable Fried Rice with shiitake, jicama, basil, tomato, snow peas and egg.
- The evening comes to a final crescendo with a luxurious propitious New Year dessert with Chinese New Year Cake, Triple Chocolate Mousse, Almond Cookie with Wu-lung Tea Ice Cream.