INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO TICKET
The Schuylkill River Heritage Area, in partnership with Sly Fox Brewery, will celebrate the Earth Day return of SRT Ale with the SRT Spreekend, a weekend-long series of activities that will include a 50K relay race on the Schuylkill River Trail, a kayak trip on the Schuylkill River, three trail cleanups and a Spreekend Festival with live music at St. Michael’s Park in Mont Clare.
This marks the second year that Sly Fox Brewery will produce the seasonal SRT Ale to benefit and promote the Schuylkill River Trail. A portion of all proceeds from the sale of the beer goes to the Schuylkill River Heritage Area to expand, maintain and improve the trail. Last year, Sly Fox donated over $4,000 to the Heritage Area to support the trail.
“Sly Fox Brewery is a strong partner in our work to connect people to the Schuylkill River, our trail and the region’s history,” said Schuylkill River Heritage Area Executive Director Silas Chamberlin. “SRT Ale both celebrates and supports the Schuylkill River Trail, which is our signature project and is one of this region’s most treasured resources.”
To welcome the return of SRT Ale, Sly Fox Brewery and the Schuylkill River Heritage Area have a full slate of activities planned for Earth Day weekend. Those include:
- Friday April 22, 5-7 p.m. Schuylkill River Trail cleanup in Pottstown followed by a 7 p.m. kickoff party at the Sly Fox Tastin’ Room at 331 Circle of Progress Dr., Pottstown.
- Saturday April 23:
- 9:30 a.m. Kayak launch at Pottstown Riverfront Park. Kayakers will paddle to Schuylkill CanalPark in Mont Clare.
- 10 a.m. 50K Schuylkill River Relay that begins and ends at St. Michael’s Park in Mont Clare
- 12-2 p.m. Schuylkill River Trail Cleanup along the Thun Section of the trail in Douglassville
- 3-10 p.m. Spreekend Festival featuring live music from the Whiskeyhickon Boys and Hoots and Hellmouth, the annual release of SRT Ale and famous fare from the Sunflower Food Truck.
- Campout at St. Michael’s Park in Mont Clare (Registration required)
- Sunday April 24, 10 a.m.-12 p.m.: Trail Cleanup at Schuylkill Canal Park and along the trail in Phoenixville.
To learn more or register for the events visit www.slyfoxbeer.com