INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO TICKET
Peddler’s Village invites scarecrow creators of all ages to enter the 36th Annual Scarecrow Competition and Display. Participants may enter submissions in six scarecrow categories for the chance to win great prizes from cash awards to a Birthday Party at Giggleberry Fair. The colorful, larger-than-life scarecrow creations will be on display at Peddler’s Village fromMonday, September14 through Sunday, November 1, 2015. The deadline to enter is Monday, September 7, 2015. The public votes for their favorites from Monday, September 14, through Monday, October 5.
Register for one or more of the following categories:
- NEW! Sci-Fi: Think of this galaxy, whether you’re flying on the Death Star or exploring the USS Enterprise, think Star Wars, Star Trek, and your favorite Science Fiction subjects.
- NEW! Thrills with Chills: Think outside the mask by creating a scarecrow that scares. You’re only limited by your darkest nightmares.
- Group: Make your scarecrow a group project—school, church, office, club, scout troop, community, etc. Put on your thinking caps and conjure up a winner! Great project for schools or camps!
- Quite the Character: Create a scarecrow interpretation of your favorite book, television or movie character—human, animal or animated!
- Traditional/Whirligig: A “whirligig” is an object that spins. Pay homage to the scarecrows that have been “scaring crows” from farmers’ fields for centuries in this category. You may choose to add parts that move or make noise when the wind blows to make it a true whirligig scarecrow.
- Kids Only! Scarecrow, Sponsored by Giggleberry Fair: This category is for our 12 and under guests. Choose your favorite Disney Channel star, Nickelodeon star or Cartoon character and have your child create a scarecrow that he or she would love!
Contestants must register to enter the competition no later thanMonday, September 7 and plan to install their scarecrows for outdoor public display in the Village on Sunday, September 13. Entry forms with the official competition rules and regulations are available at the Peddler’s Village Hospitality Center in the lobby of the Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant, by phone at 215-794-4000, or on the
Peddler’s Village website. Mail your completed registration form to: Peddler’s Village Marketing Department, Attn: Scarecrow Competition, PO Box 218, Lahaska, PA 18931.