Submitted to Ticket
The “Move It Movement” tour comes to Camden’s Wiggins Park, Sunday, June 15. Cartoon Network’s summer campaign targets youth 6-14, in partnership with the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative. Families planning to visit and participate in the MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR can enjoy a host of activities including:
· Cartoon Network Obstacle Course — a brand new zone for kids to test their speed, agility and dexterity against the clock as they race through a variety of Cartoon Network show-themed challenges;
· NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop — kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes;
· The PGA of America Driving Range — updated to reflect the new PGA Sports Academy and its goal of developing young social and competitive golfers, kids are invited to drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range. Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Academy leaderboard;
· NFL PLAY 60 — kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills;
· Soccer Shootout Challenge — At the challenge, kids can show off their footwork and take aim at a number of custom soccer goals;
· Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth — a station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
· Cartoon Network Chill Zone, a themed area to refuel (water) and recharge while sampling some of the best new programming, online activities and premium items from Cartoon Network. The Chill Zone also offers a green screen photo activity where kids can be captured “within” the worlds of their favorite cartoons, such as Adventure Time, Regular Show, Teen Titans GO!, The Amazing World of Gumball, Ben 10 Omniverse, Uncle Grandpa, Steven Universe and Clarence
Who: Sponsored locally by Comcast Xfinity; national sponsors of the 19-city tour include the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop, NFL PLAY 60 and The PGA of America.
When: Sunday, June 15, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Where: Wiggins Park on the Camden Waterfront
Mickel Blvd. at the River
Camden, NJ 08103
Why: The MOVE IT MOVEMENT TOUR is part of Cartoon Network’s long-established, award-winning pro-social efforts to provide support and encouragement in the ongoing battle against childhood obesity through such varied activities as daily recess, health & wellness education and active after-school involvement.