Here’s five intriguing concert picks heading into this weekend:
1. Jessie’s Girl isn’t stuck playing the hits of one single artist. They have both the music and fashion of the ’80s at 8 p.m. Friday June 6 at Sellersville Theater 1894, 24 W. Temple Ave., Sellersville. Tickets are $25. Call (215) 257-5808 or www.st94.com.
2. Radio 104.5’s free Summer Block Party series has The Head and the Heart, Kongos, Bear Hands and Alright Junior at 3:45 p.m. Saturday June 7 at the Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing, 601 N. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia.
3. The fourth annual Concert for the Cure for MPS features live music all day Sunday June 8 at the Sellersville Fire Department Picnic Grove, 2 N. Main St., Sellersville. Hear 16 area acts. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 the day of the event. Check https://mpssociety.org/event-registration/?regevent_action=register&event_id=150.
4. Gates open at 5 p.m. June 13 and 11 a.m. June 14 for XFest at the Country Creek Winery, 133 Cressman Road, Salford Township. The lineup includes Dom Flemons of the Carolina Chocolate Drops, Hogmaw, Whiskeyhickon Boys, Rollin’ and Tumblin’, Slo-Mo and Hoagy, April Mae & the June Bugs, Jersey Corn Pickers, Justin Leigh Walters, Blackrue and the Miles Thompson Band. All-festival tickets are $55 in advance, $60 at the gate. Children’s all-festival tickets are $25. Day tickets for Friday or Saturday are $30 in advance, $35 at the gate, $15 for children, free to children under 11. Call (215) 723-6516 or go to www.xfsmusic.org.
5. The 77-year-old Buddy Guy plays the blues at 7:30 p.m. June 12 at the Sun Center, 63 Concord Road, Aston. Tickets start at $46.95. Call (800) 745-3000.